Photography and recipe by Rachelle at Vivacious Gourmet.
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless & boneless
- 1/2 cup Char Crust® Southwest Chipotle
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 10-12 corn or flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red thai chilies
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh jalapenos
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- On a flat surface, pat dry all your chicken thighs. Coat the chicken in Southwest Chipotle dry-rub seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet on medium to high heat with olive oil. Add in your chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces. Add half of the onion to the skillet with chopped chicken. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together cilantro, other half of onion, thai chilies, and lime juices. In small bowls, set up all the rest of your toppings- guacamole, fresh cotija or feta cheese, jalapenos and limes. Set aside.
- Cook tortillas on a flat surface for 2-3 minutes until warmed. Assemble your tacos with chicken mixture, cilantro mixture and whatever toppings you like. Eat and enjoy!