Food Photography and Recipe by Tasting with Tina.
For the turkey:
- 10-12 lb fresh turkey
- 1 package Char Crust Classic Turkey Rub
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 1 head garlic, with top removed and cloves exposed
- 10 sprigs rosemary
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 10 sprigs sage
For the gravy:
- 1 cup turkey drippings
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the turkey giblets and neck from the cavity. Pat the turkey completely dry with paper towels, then rest for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Season the whole turkey with Char Crust Classic Turkey Rub. Thoroughly rub the skin and cavity with the rub.
- Stuff the cavity with onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and sage.
- Place the turkey breast side up on a roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 325F. Roast an additional 2 hours, or until the thickest part of the breast reaches 165F. Optional: add 1-2 cups of water to roasting pan for extra moisture.
- Remove from oven and let turkey rest at least 30 minutes before carving.
- Combine 1 cup turkey drippings, chicken stock, flour, and unsalted butter in a pot over low heat. Bring to a simmer, then continue whisking until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve turkey with gravy and enjoy.