Skip to content
- 12 lb turkey
- 1 package of Char Crust® Classic Turkey Rub
- 1/2 cup butter
- Spatchcock the turkey: Flip the bird over and remove the backbone with kitchen scissors. Flip it over, then crack it down the center. (see video)
- Set your smoker at 225 degrees.
- Pat the turkey dry. Season turkey with Char Crust® Classic Turkey Rub, covering turkey fully.
- Place turkey on the smoker and cook.
- Baste the bird every 30 minutes with a mixture of butter and Char Crust® Classic Turkey Rub
- When the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees, turn the smoker to 300 degrees to get the skin crispy.
- Remove the turkey when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Let the turkey rest for 30 minutes.
- Carve turkey: remove the legs, wings and breast.
← Older Post