Whole Chicken: ~5 lbs
Char Crust® Roto Roast
- Preheat oven to 425 °F
- Remove chicken giblets and rinse inside of chicken.
- Brush chicken with butter. Generously sprinkle chicken with Char Crust Roto Roast, coating all sides.
- Cut onion in half. Place onion, thyme and optional lemon in cavity of chicken.
- Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Place chicken in roasting pan. Optional: add onion and carrots to roasting pan.
- Roast for approximately for 1 hour 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 (use meat thermometer).
- Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil and let sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing.